Thursday, December 22, 2011

We went to the zoo, zoo, zoo

Mama's taking us to the zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow.
Mama's taking us to the zoo tomorrow, and we can play all day!
I'm going to the zoo, zoo, zoo
How about you, you, you?
You can come too, too, too
We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!

After a month of having the above song in my mind, I finally got to sing it on Wednesday evening as the next day, we took the whole school to the zoo! A generous, local Singaporean donated money specifically so we could take the students to the Singapore Zoo for the day.

We split up into our classes and I accompanied reception/year 1 (4 and 5 year olds). We started with a seal show where I got to throw him a frisbee before moving on to visit a bunch of animals. Then before lunch we saw the elephant show. These are incredible animals, able to pick up logs with their trunks and squash a coconut with one foot. 

The children then enjoyed some time in the water play area where they got me pretty wet despite the fact that I wasn't wearing togs and we took the boat back to the beginning of the zoo. Before leaving, we checked in with the white tigers. My favourite part of the zoo is seeing the relationship between animals and their trainers. These are wild animals that could do great damage should they choose to do so, and yet their trainers have won their trust and friendship.

God gave man dominion over animals and I love seeing how this can work beautifully when man does not abuse this power, but the two can work in partnership.



KS2 (yr 4, 5, 6) with Miss Pam (Australia)


Reception/yr 1 with their teacher, Miss Sarah (UK)




Me with reception/yr 1 (4/5 yr olds)



Fundeck class (18mths - 3yrs)

No comments:

Post a Comment